Here is a great infographic visually representing some very interesting data from the webs most popular social sites.
Crazy stat highlights:
- The average facebook visit is 23 min. and 20 sec.
- Average facebook friend count is 130 (would like to see age demographic breakdown of this)
- 46% of facebook users are 45 or older
- 36% of twitter users tweet 1/day (127 million active users)
- 43.82% of Google+ users are single
- 82% of Pinterest users are female
- Pinterest is most popular in the southeast – Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky (not surprising women, food, crafts, interior design, weddings… makes sense)
- Linkedin’s gender breakdown is 50/50 split (150 million users)
- 67% of Americans use Social Media to stay in touch with friends
- 9% use it to make new friends
Infographic via Online MBA